Interested in going to college? Need special accommodations? Need advice?
How to apply for services?
Unsure of how to make the transition between high school and college...or transition into the adult world.
Want to learn the parts of the brain?
Click below :)
Going back to school...Quick Tips
- Take rest breaks throughout the day
- Allow extra time for assignments and tests
- Use a notebook to write down assignments
- Break projects into smaller steps
- Meet with your teacher on a regular basis
- Eliminate distractions, find a quiet spot to study
- Arrange for preferential seating
- Ask for clarification if you don't understand
- Get a duplicate set of books for home
- Ask for assistance getting from class to class
- Use a highlighter for key points when reading
- Slow down and double check
- Keep track of your progress
- Use a calculator and dictionary
- Choose less demanding courses